In order for your photograph(s) to be considered for inclusion on the website, printed publication or both – they must meet the following criteria:
- Must be original. The photo(s) must be taken by yourself
- No watermarks. Credit will be given
- Non exclusive licence. You give You Should See This a non-exclusive licence to distribute your photo*
- No pets. No flowers. No babies. No family. No birds. Minimum filters. Minimum photoshop.
Just an attempt at original, perhaps thought provoking photographs. Art.
Full terms and conditions described in detail in our submission guidelines here:
Terms and Conditions
Read these carefully: by submitting a photograph, you are agreeing to them.
You Should See This will not attempt to make money from YOUR work. Nor will it in the future – unless it is with your express permission and with prior agreement.
You can submit an original digital photograph to You Should See This by uploading it at www.youshouldseethis.co.uk/submit, meeting all format, resolution or other requirements specified there.
When submitting your photograph, you will be required to provide:
- Your name;
- The location depicted in your photograph;
- The time and date when your photograph was taken; and
- A description of your photograph.
You must be:
- Local to Banbury, United Kingdom; and
- at least 18 years of age.
Both amateur and professional photographers are invited to participate.
We will use the email address you supply to contact you with information, including as to whether or not your photograph has been selected for inclusion. You should ensure that you check that email address regularly, and that it remains a valid address.
We may, in our discretion, require participants to confirm, by way of signature in writing, their agreement to matters referred to in these Submission Guidelines as a condition of their photograph’s inclusion in You Should See This.
Use of photographs
As well as appearing on the You Should See This website, submitted photographs may also be featured:
- on the You Should See This site;
- in the You Should See This printed publication
- in emailed newsletters;
- in press and other media releases; and
- in social media postings and interactions,
- in each case, only in relation to You Should See This
We may modify participating photographs for uses referred to in these Submission Guidelines, including (but not limited to) removal of “red-eye”, cropping, size changing, format conversion, detail enhancement and brightness enhancement.
We may add title and other descriptors of our choosing to participating photographs.
You grant us a non-exclusive, royalty-free licence to use, reproduce, adapt, distribute, publish and communicate to the public any photograph you submit to You Should See This.
*We will NOT make money from your photographs without your express permission.
The first edition is a test, the cover fee from printed copies sold will cover the printing costs only. Any excess money made from this edition will go towards the cost of a potential second edition. If there is a second edition or subsequent editions, advertisers may be contacted in order to fund the inclusion of photographs, cover the costs of printing, website design and development and advertising of the magazine itself.
There is no intention from You Should See This to make money from the artists’ work. If this should change, the artist will be contacted and any renumeration will be discussed before an agreement is made.
Right to withdraw
If at any stage you wish to remove any or all of your photographs, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Content of photographs
- By submitting a photograph to You Should See This, you confirm that:
- it is your original work;
- you are the exclusive owner of any copyright in it;
- it is not a copy of any other work (or any part of another work);
- it conforms with our Content Rules (see below);
- anyone depicted in it has consented (or, where the person depicted is a minor, that minor’s parent/guardian has consented) to that depiction, and to the usage of the photograph referred to in these Submission Guidelines; and
- the entrant, and everyone else involved with the photograph, has given up any right to object to the uses which we make of your photograph under these Submission Guidelines.
The Content Rules for photograph are that they must not:
- infringe anyone’s copyright;
- infringe any other rights, such as a trade mark, of any person or entity or a duty owed to any person or entity, such as a duty of confidentiality;
- contravene, or advocate or promote the breach of, any applicable law;
- include anything that is false, inaccurate, misleading, offensive, abusive, threatening or defamatory, or that might cause needless annoyance, inconvenience or distress to any person;
- include any material containing personally identifying information about another person, such as their real name, address, phone number, or email address, except with the written approval of that person;
- contain material which promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age, or that may incite hatred or violence against any person or group; or
- harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any person.
You agree to cover and indemnify us against all liabilities, claims and expenses that may arise as a result of any breach of the confirmations you make above.
Sign up to the mailing list
NOTE: This particular newsletter is for photographers only. For the general newsletter, please visit the home page.